Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A month of catching up...

You know...I don't know how all these mothers keep up with this blogging stuff. I start one and then come back and do a little here and there and then when it comes time to hit "Post" it is like three weeks old... WTH by then no one even cares anymore.

We had another awesome weekend of camping with the Nott family, we went to Shelbyville lake. It actually felt like fall out, sweat shirts and a fire all day Saturday. We made smores and hung and had a great relaxing weekend.






We had some visitors that decided to come and join us...there was like an entire family



Animals in camp grounds must realize that there is no hunting allowed.



Anyway... Landon got his tubes in on July 20th and yes here we are on the 28th and just posting about it. All went well, he did really good. I think he hears himself better because he is louder than he was and babbling like crazy. However, I do get lots of "mama's" now which was missing from the vocabulary and I was heart broken.



After surgery I think the drugs were pretty good...

Everything went really well with the tubes, he came out great...not like Torie the excercist that puked all over me and dad. There was lots of fluid and a bit of scaring but other than that I think we are ready to tackle our next hearing test.

Last weekend we had our town picnic, I remember as a kid that was the best weekend all summer getting to run around with your friends...thought we were pretty cool!! Now days as a mother I just don't see it happening, of course Logan is only 7 so I have a while to go.

Logan & Torie were both in the parade the first night and then Torie realized that if she was in the parade she wasn't catching all the candy that was being tossed out. The second night I sat with Torie and Landon while dad and brother walked.




Our football organization had a dunking booth up there to raise money and we did, it also saved me money. As long as Logan was in the booth I didn't have to buy tickets, after washing $40 dollars worth. Yep...you heard me, I never do laundry within 24 hours so why this time. Saturday evening was getting ready to head out the door when I remember I needed to get the tickets and money from the night before and there were my shorts nice and folded to be put away and I knew it...I had nothing but pink mush!

Well that wraps up the excitement for the past few weeks... We are headed to Branson next week so I'm sure we will have more good times to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment